for sale or not for sale. that is the question.

11:55 PM



Some people are attached to the baby blanket. Some people store away the first pair of shoes or a special outfit or something that reminds them of the sweet, special time when their babies were little.

For me it's my BOB. Now that both kids are out of the stroller, my once daily used piece of babyhood equipment is nicely stored away and taking up valuable space in the garage. But I can't let it go. It pulls at my heart strings and I get a lump in my throat when the conversation with Isaiah comes up. "When are you going to sell this thing?"

"This thing!" It's not just a thing!

This thing was my escape.
This thing connected me with other moms going through the same daily highs and lows.
This thing helped me train for my first half marathon.
This thing was a connection between myself and my babies.

It's not just a thing. It's a piece of who I was as a mom.

I know it might sound a bit cra-cra to give myself an identity through a stroller but hear me out. For three years I toted this thing around. I used it daily to safely carry my most precious possessions. I used it as a fitness instructor teaching classes to moms and connecting with my own kids. This stroller felt like another extension of me. It carried purses and diaper bags and extra sweaters and blankets. It lived through rain storms, blow outs, popsicles, and spilled milk. It was a crib, a time out, an a chariot all in one. Wherever my littles went, it went. If you are a mom, you can relate {sorry dads}.

This thing carries memories and the selling of it signifies the reality that we are done with "the baby stage." And while normally I am proudly waving the "out of baby stage" flag, this is the one thing that brings up that we are done, no more, fixed, and final and brings me to a moment of silence to morn the progression of that life stage.

So as we grow closer to big life changes for the Torres Four, my heart says no but my head says yes and in turn comes the big debate.

FOR SALE or NOT FOR SALE.

That is the question.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This made me tear up! I still remember those first few babysitting days when Nathan just started walking and was still wobbly on his little legs! Where did the time go? I miss my munchkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT post, Heather! So glad you picked up your blog again. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete