John's 60th Birthday!

11:45 PM

We had a great time when we were in California celebrating my dads 60th birthday! I really wanted to throw him a huge party (I know.....me wanting to throw a party....no big surprise there) but my parents don't really live near any of their life long friends. So back in January I was playing around on Pinterest and saw the coolest idea for a present. For six months my mom and I reached out to all of their friends and family and I compiled "60 memories for 60 years." It was ALOT of work but it was SOOOO worth it. It was amazing to read about my dads past through the eyes of those who have known him since childhood. 

Here is what the project looked like: 
I stamped all of the envelopes so he had a whole stack of them to open up and read. As I was putting this present together I thought it would be a neat idea to put all of these memories in a book. So I jumped online and spent hours putting together a one of a kind memory book. 


Then it was birthday time!!
My dad wanted to go to Red Robin for his big day. I said its because he still thinks he's a kid but he said its because it was a loud place for my kids...haha 
After dinner we headed home to to open presents and have some cake!!

There were tears, laughter and lots of WOWS! It was awesome! 

Then it was time to read.....
 
We made it through a few a day and it was just perfect. 
Having the book made was great because he can sit in his chair every now and then and remember all of the great memories he created throughout his life. 
I am so happy I was able to get this present put together for him. 
He is an amazing dad and deserves so much for all he does for our family. 
It was a great birthday and I was humbled to be a part of it. 


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. wow! what a great idea (and a ton of work)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that idea on Pinterest too. I can't believe you actually did it. That must have taken forever, but well worth it, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- way to go Heather! This is so great! I actually saw this on Pinterest a few weeks ago and told Tim's sister about it because it's my father-in-law's 60th birthday in 3 months. All the siblings seem on board and I think we'll do it, but I really like how you turned all those random papers and pictures into a hard-copy book for him. I might have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete