Jogging in the sun!

1:47 PM

For the past 6 months I have been working really hard at becoming a runner. Let me tell you, it is not easy. I have been athletic all of my life with different sports but never a runner. I had been looking for a jogging stroller pretty much since Kaylee was born but I found that they were 1) really expensive and 2) did not fold down small enough to fit in the back of my Scion. I turned my search to craigslist and after several weeks of searching I came across a brand called "Baby Jogger." They compact as small as a regular stroller and are made with bike like tires. They are light weight and comfortable for baby. Soon, I found one for a great deal. Retails for about $200 or more, my price $15 on Craigslist!



(Mine is blue)

I started out at Capital Lake. The distance around on the pavement is 1.7 miles. Then there is the hill up to the capital building, 1/2 mile up, 1/2 mile down. I figured I would start with this. The first few months I was walking the majority of the time. I would run in intervals but when it started to get hard to breath I would power walk. (This was also when Kaylee was just a year and about 18lbs in the stroller) Then as time went by I started to become addicted to it. I would crave the cold morning air and my wonderful playlist of music in my ears. I started to run more and more and more and soon enough I was actually running the entire way. I felt what is called "Runners High." This is when you are running and running and you get to a point where your body gets a whole new burst of energy and you can go further than you thought. Now I have added on an extra 2 miles. I am actually running 4.7 miles almost everyday!! On rainy days I am mostly sad because I can't go down to the lake and I have to settle with an at home workout of pilates. The picture below is at the top of the Capital Hill looking out at the sound and most of the lake. This is what I look forward to everyday!
Kaylee loves it too! After my run I let her run around on the lawns at the park. We bring bread for the ducks and she always finds a doggy or two to pet while we are there. Her new favorite thing to do it pick up leaves. She finds them and puts them into piles. I thought she was actually doing it my color for a minute the other day but it was just wishful thinking. :) Oh well, she has plenty of time to learn those things. :)



My goal by the end of summer is to be able to complete the entire trail. Obviously I still have a ways to go but if I keep going I will loose even more weight and be on my way to running a half marathon next year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments