Wisdom Teeth Recovery

9:08 AM


Hello all.....

Since so many people have wondered how I am doing I thought I would post an update on my recovery. Yesterday was not my favorite day. I have had braces on before, have had two cavities filled, and have had a few teeth pulled and nothing seemed as scary as removal of my wisdom teeth. We arrived at 9am to fill out paper work and do some x rays. I was starving. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink of nine hours before which would have been no problem if I didn't have to see delicious strawberries, yummy bananas and eggs cooked just right when I fed Kaylee. Then the usual doctor office wait. Finally I went back into the consult room. Dr. Kelson came in and started to tell me the risks that are involved. Scary to know the older you are the more risks there are. This did not help my nerves. Writing the check for the difference was next. Lets just say I'm glad this only happens once in your life because my wallet hurt afterwords. That's when my heart rate went up and I started to rethink this decision. Dr. Kelson hooked up the IV and gave me some oxygen and then I remember Kaylee waking me up in the recovery room. We stopped at the store to pick up the wonderful recovery medicine and I pretty much slept the entire day. The hardest thing to deal with is the taste of the bloody gauze in your mouth for hours. The numbness is almost gone but the bleeding hasn't stopped. I called the doctor this morning and I am waiting for the return phone call to see if I have to go back in. When i was eating my yogurt yesterday I heard a popping sound which I don't think was good :( Better heal up fast, I have Chemistry tonight for 3 1/2hrs. FUN!!

Thank you all for your wonderful messages and concerns. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Heather! I hope you get better soon! Getting my wisdom teeth out was NOT fun, but at least you get to enjoy all the milkshakes and smoothies you can handle - guilt free! :)

    Wish I could help you along in your recovery. We'll both be back to our usual selves soon. Have fun at chem!

    ReplyDelete