A week full of accidents

5:08 PM

This week has been a hard one for little miss Kaylee.... She has managed to scrape booth knees, bite her lip, get a splinter in her hand, and fall down a few stairs and hit her head. WOW!! What a week!!
So here are the stories:

Scraped Knees:
Last Sunday as week left church Kaylee, being the boisterous little lady that she is, decided to leave my hand to go the the curb and grab Isaiah's. (She is doing really well with hand holding). She reached up for his hand at the same time she took a leap off of the curb. Unfortunately, she wasn't balanced enough when her foot hit the ground so down she went! Both knees, one shin, and her right hand where bloody. She was cleaned up and fine in about 3 minutes. When we got home I cleaned it up again and tried a band aid. She took them off in about 5 minutes. Oh well...it was worth a shot.

Bloody Lip:
On Monday morning Kaylee was having so much fun. We were doing our daily routine:wake up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, play with some toys, then head to grandma's while I go to school. Everything was going great. As we were leaving the house though, Kaylee put on her coat (yes a coat in July) and darted for the door. Her little feet were not moving as fast as her brain and down she went. It didn't look like a hard fall but then she started really crying. Looking down her mouth was starting to bleed. Isaiah swooped her up and all I could think about was "did her tooth go through her lip?" We wiped it up and thank goodness it was okay. I put some pressure on it for a little bit then gave her a frozen toy to hold on it. What a little trooper. She was unfazed and singing in the car on our ride to grandma's.

Splinter in the hand:
Thursday....
The sun was out. I had a meeting in the morning and then we were off to the park. We spent the day playing and running around. This park is newly built and beautiful. The only downfall.... bark! She would hop over to me so I could get the little pieces out of her shoe. I was worried she would get one stuck in her foot. NOPE!! It was her hand. A little peroxide and a patience and we were able to wiggle it out of her hand. I tried a band aid again....and again no luck.

Falling down the stairs:

Grandma's house has five steps up to her door. Usually Kaylee will hold a hand when going up and down but with a railing on the side at her level she is feeling more confident with doing it independently. On Saturday she was wasting time by going up and down, over and over. She started to get confident and decided to carry her ball up with it. She turned to go back down the step and lost her balance and fell down two of the steps catching herself as her body hit the ground. Thankfully no blood on this one. Just really shaken up and scared. I monitored her for the rest of the night and she was fine. We went down to the fair and had a great time. She did sleep in longer than normal on Sunday, but I would too with a week like that.

Just now...
As I was finishing up the "falling down the stairs" paragraph I had Kaylee sitting in the kitchen eating dinner. She was doing just fine and then all of a sudden we hear "All done!" Then as I stood up she pushed herself back from the table and in slow motion in front of me she fell back and somehow missed hitting her head on the counter as the chair slid under the table. I couldn't get there fast enough from the desk. She wasn't crying until she saw me freaking out. She cried for maybe a minute and is now playing with her toys like normal....WOW...WHAT A WEEK!!

I wish I could put her in a bubble! I am almost sad because I didn't take any pictures of the war wounds. Oh well, unfortunately I have a feeling I will have plenty of opportunity to take them.... HOW sad!! Here is a goofy one though..... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

You Might Also Like

0 comments