public restroom.....

8:58 PM

Yep....
that's right....
Kaylee is using the potty in pubic now and blowing kisses at the camera!!!

(and yep.... I am the mom who takes the humiliating, blackmailing, kinda pictures on her cell phone in public restrooms so I can document my little girl growing up...yep that's me!)

About three or four days ago she woke up and decide (ON HER OWN) she didn't want to wear her diapers anymore...she wanted to wear her "big girl panties."
This then led to me freaking out because I knew we had an entire weekend planned of shopping and running around and I was not in any hurry to have accidents all day in public. But I trusted my littler girl knew what she was doing and lo and behold she is a little
POTTY ROCKSTAR!!


So far she has had only two accidents that I know of... her first was at a friends house while I was working and the second was the minute we got home from church on Sunday. Other than that is has been really good about telling us she has to go potty. When we are at home we are reminding her but usually she is telling us or just going herself.

She is LOVING going to the bathroom in public too!
She isn't afraid to jump right on the pot!
She loves watching it flush and she is almost a little bit too obsessed with washing her hands.

We still haven't mastered #2 yet. She is waiting until nap time or bed time (when the nighttime underwear...or pullups...go on) but we are just at the beginning of this whole thing so I'm not to worried. I would rather her go in her pullup than hold it in until it is painful. Baby steps!

I do have to say....it will be nice for a few months to be off of diaper duty until we jump back into it head first at the end of the year!

Right now I am just so proud of my little girl!!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Did you ever think you'd be so obsessed with bodily functions? Ha! I was at Angela's when she had her accident. She was running around with her underwear on and I said to Angela, "Umm...are Kaylee's underwear see-through or are they wet." We thought they were see-through until she came up a bit closer. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Kaylee going on the go!! Woop, woop! My kids had to visit each and EVERY public restroom! Hopefully she doesn't need to be that adventurous!
    I had to set an alarm or else I would forget to ask my kids if they had to go… I figured I'd have Pavlov's dog on my hand as I kept thinking when I would bake cookies or anything and the timer went off I'd have my kids all of a sudden running to the bathroom. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the fun joys or parenthood :) haha cute picture!

    ReplyDelete