Kaylee's first Zoo adventure

1:29 PM

FINALLY!! The weather was nice enough last Tuesday for us to take Kaylee to the Zoo. Wow! I forgot how exciting the zoo is. Even though they are the same animals I have seen every year since I was little, it still amazes me. We started our day out with a great family lunch. Arby's! I have been doing so well training and eating right but when Isaiah suggested the wonderful and delicious curly fries I couldn't resist. Boy where they good. I even broke down and let Kaylee try one. I have a strict rule of NO JUNK FOOD but I figure if mommy was having one she could have one too. Just one! :)

After a great lunch we made the short drive to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma. This is a smaller zoo on the shores of the sound. It is beautiful. We would have made the drive to Seattle for Woodland park but I had my chemistry class at 5 and I didn't want to be stuck in traffic and miss it. So Point Defiance it was.
After deciding on a single admission or a season pass we made our way into the zoo. (FYI.. such a better deal to get the season pass. For a one time visit is $13.50 a person.... a season pass $50 a year.... score!!)
Kaylee had a blast! The funny part was though, she was more interested in walking by herself and going up and down every step than the animals. Here she is for two seconds looking into the big fish tank. She is definitely at the age where standing still for a picture is pretty much impossible. Looking through all of the pictures we took I noticed most are of the back of her head because she is running away from us!


Here I had to actually take her off of the steps and bring her back to look at the fish. Hand holding is something we are working on....
its a work in progress as everything is with a 1 1/2 yr old.. :)


Next it was back outside to the Asia Experience. It was about this time that I realized it was about one o'clock and nap time was 15 mins ago! Lets just say we hurried through the rest of the exhibit because tired and grouchy Kaylee was in the shadows. :) (Mommy lesson... don't try and do fun things during nap time... they aren't fun anymore.)

Look at these curls!! I love it, I just wish I knew how to handle them. I obviously have never had to deal with a head full of springy curls before!!
I know when she gets older though she won't like them...
No girl likes the hair God blesses them with :)
This next picture is of Kaylee running to the bench and getting frustrated and asking for a hand to help her climb on something she isn't suppose to climb on...Isaiah had a great time showing Kaylee all of the animals. She is the biggest daddy's girl :)

After the monkey's we were headed home. She wanted to have nothing to do with the stroller by this point so Isaiah carried her from the other end of the Zoo to the car. We call this face the Torres stare. All of the Torres boys and kids have it.

All in all it was a great family day. And we even got a smile out of Kaylee at the very end.
This is very rare to catch on camera as any mother of a one year old will tell you. They smile all the time but catching it on camera is hard to do.

Next adventure is the pool!! :) Here we come summer time!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments