Rainy Days and Videos from the Grandparents

1:29 PM

Well this last weekend was suppose to be the start of summer but it was more liquid sunshine than actual sunshine. I spent the majority of the weekend at work so I don't really feel like I missed out on much. This week is looking better though. Only showing rain on two days! We are almost in shorts weather.....almost!
This week was really really busy for our family. School is coming to an end in a week and a half so I have been busy studying, writing papers, and doing endless amounts of homework. I see the end in site...well at least for this quarter. I am taking summer classes so this hectic life is something I am just going to have to get use to.

Kaylee hit a huge milestone this last week! She has graduated from her high chair to a big girl chair. She decided all on her own that she wanted to sit at the table with me. It is so cute because her mouth is about level with the table. She started using real plates too!! The bib will be around for a while.... :)
With the outside pretty much off limits we spend most of our time coloring and reading.



Our video of coloring is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCW0phulCA

We did have a little fun in the rain over at Grandma and Grandpa Reece's house. I have been trying to mow the lawn for about three weeks now. Every time I have a day off it is raining so we played in the grass that is about as tall as she is.

For the last month or so Kaylee and I have been at war with her car seat. She has started the terrible twos a bit early and has decided that she doesn't want to be strapped in anymore. When I place her in it she decides to throw her pelvis up, stiffen her legs, and wiggle herself so she is facing the car seat instead of sitting in it. I feel like I have tried everything. I showed her how to help me buckle her in. (Not a good idea....now she likes to unbuckle her chest straps while we are driving as you will see in the video.) I've tried distracting her with objects like food, toys, and books. Music seems to be the best thing to work. This next video is of her listening to the radio. (I am stopped and pulled over...not driving and recording)



Kaylee also went to the doctor today for her 18 month checkup. Can you believe she is 18 months already! Two is right around the corner!! She is a healthy little girl. She is now in the 97% for her height and she dropped down to the 10% for her weight. No worries though. The doctor said she is following on her same path she has had since birth. She is healthy and happy and that's all that matters. She now weights in at 21.5 lbs!

American Idol ended last week! Go Lee!! I was a Lee fan all along. We watched as a family as much as possible but Kaylee had her own agenda during this time. Here is another video of her being as cute as can be during Idol. (Its kind of funny because you can hear the show in the background.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNY4le9D-RU


Here is another video of Kaylee dancing to her favorite Yo Gabba Gabba toy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqQAl2EszE


Well that is all for now.
Oh wait...one more thing..... I colored my hair! Yep I am back to brown. This way you can't tell I have blond roots!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Heather, I LOVE the hair! And that's hilarious that Kaylee is in the 97% for height and 10% for weight. What a tall skinny girl :)

    K, seriously, as soon as some of this shorts weather starts up we need to get together to enjoy some of it! Hopefully your schedule isn't too busy!!

    ReplyDelete