Big Girl Bed

6:46 PM

So we are now officially ready for a big girl bed.... want to know how I know....

6:23pm: Kaylee starts to through an enormous fit because it is time to come inside for dinner

6:24pm: I put her in timeout (in her crib) for her to calm down

6:25pm: I turn and start walking down the hall and I hear "WHOOO.....CRASH"
I run back in the room and Kaylee is lying face down on the ground!
SHE HAD JUMPED OUT OF HER CRIB!!!

I have heard people say "you will know when they are ready because they start to climb out of their crib" but honestly........she didn't CLIMB she JUMPED!!

So the search is on for a big girl bed. For the time being we are going to take the front railing off of her crib until we find something great!

I am relieved there was no blood, no broken bones.... just a mild case of rug burn on her face from when she hit the ground. My poor baby girl!! :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hilarious! We did the same thing with our crib when the girls were ready and they loved having their big girl "toddler" bed. She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... that poor little rug-burned nose! That girl is fearless.

    ReplyDelete