Vaction mode.....

1:10 PM

So our little family took a vacation about two weeks ago now and I am just now slowly coming out of vacation mode. I still have a week and a half before FALL quarter starts so I have been completely relaxing and enjoying my mommy daughter time.

At the end of August we ventured the 8hrs south to Redding California to visit my parents and my grandma Jean. Surprisingly we had a great car ride. I was really worried how Kaylee would do but for half the trip she slept and the other half she read her books and watched her shows. I do have to say that I broke down and took the portable DVD player.

I remember before I had Kaylee I thought... "Why do the kids need TV in the car too.... can't they find other things to do...we didn't get to bring a video player when we did our long car rides when I was a kid." Then I realized whoever invented the portable DVD player must be a parent.... and my new bestie. :)

We had a great time in Redding. It has been almost a year since my family has seen us. The best part..... we relaxed the entire time. Kaylee loved playing in the pool!
We enjoyed some really great food too! John is a pro at the BBQ and wow was it good!! Kaylee loved "Dem Bones"
We spend some time with my Grandma Jean which was really nice.
We took another FOUR GENERATION PHOTO.
Here is the first one we took when Kaylee was 3m oldAnd here is the latest one

We also celebrated my Grandpa Cleo's birthday with some delicious cake and ice cream.

Kaylee enjoyed all of the attention from her grandma and Papa too.


My grandma Jean brought over some fresh peaches from her garden so my mom and I decided to make a delicious Peach Cobbler

Of course we had plenty of play time; either in the yard with Cobber Dog and the Diego ball, playing with bubbles, or at the amazing KIDS KINGDOM
All in all we had an amazing time together!
Now its back to the real world.....

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. love the pictures of kaylee with the bones! all messy with that cute little bow in her hair. awesome.

    i'm not liking the after-vacation-back-to-the-real-world life either :( it's not near as much fun!!

    ReplyDelete