graduating preschool.....kaylee style

9:54 PM

Don't let this cuteness fool you... 
let me explain....

okay.. every parent gets so exciting when their child hits even the smallest milestones. We are totally "those" parents. Even something as small as a preschool graduation was enough to get us all excited and proud of her accomplishments.
But the graduation didn't go quite as I had imagined it would. 

let me set the scene for you:
there we are, sitting in the third row perfect picture taking seats, two cameras and a camcorder charged and ready, waiting anxiously for the doors to open and the "graduating class of 2012" to come walking in to "Pomp and Circumstance" {I know, I know, sick right...really Heather....its just preschool...just stay with me it gets good} 
finally the doors open and the kids start filing in...
the whole crowd stands up and starts taking pictures with flashes going off and kids walking down holding balloons and the kind of smiles kids have when someone says "now make sure you smile the whole time."
Isaiah and I grab our camera and the video camera to capture that ONE perfect moment of her walking with her class being as cute as ever like always...but wait...where's Kaylee??

oh ya...she is balling her eyes out scared out of her mind wrapped around her teachers leg with her head buried....yep... that's right... not what I had envisioned at all......

Her class makes it up to the stage and start sitting down and her teacher is trying to calm her down and pry her off her leg but all Kaylee is yelling out is "I want mommy!!" I finally run up there and pull her to the side to calm her down and try and convince her that "she wants to stand up there with her class and sing the cute songs they've been practicing." It was a no go....
We ended up going back to my seat together and watching the program with her hugging me the whole time. 
Then it was time to walk across the stage and get the diplomas...ya right...that wasn't going to happen. So I went up with her, we grabbed the diploma and went right back to our seat. 
oh well.....that's life right.....
It was a good test in parenting. Isaiah and I stayed positive and told her we were disappointed we didn't get to see her perform with her class but that we were so proud of her accomplishments. It was hard because we wanted it as parents but sometimes kids just aren't going to do what you want them to do. 
 Afterwards there was a Hawaiian Themed Party and she had a blast. We danced, we ate, we took pictures. 
Overall it wasn't at all what I would have expected from the child who just can't get enough joy from being the center of attention... but everyone has off days right??
We are so proud of our little girl. She learned so much this year and we love that she loves school. She is off for the summer to enjoy some good ol' kid time and then its back to the grind three days a week starting in September. 
Congratulations to our little lovely....
We love you!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That is totally something Skyler would do! Ah, the joys of parenting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preschool graduation?!? Wow...maybe I'll get there someday when that sounds exciting. Sounds like torture to me right now! :) But way to adjust your expectations!

    ReplyDelete