Nathan {six months}

8:52 AM

SIX MONTHS ALREADY?!?!
WOW!! When did this happen??

six months stats:
weight: 23lbs!
height: 29 1/2in 
eating: we started solids!! still nursing 6 to 7 times a day
clothes:12 months 
diapers: size 4

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY!!
Seriously..... I can't believe we are half a year into his first year of life. Where does the time go?? 
We have had a great month!
We started solids! I had all good intentions to try a "new" technique of introducing solid foods called baby led weaning.  It sounded great and easy {not having to carry around pureed food, skipping the whole "make your own food part," and just giving him a little bit of whatever the rest of the family was eating} but Nathan wasn't really having it. I would put the food on his tray and he would play with it with his hands for a bit, then look at me like "what am I suppose to do with that?" The technique says "not to hand feed or spoon feed them at all" and they will just feed themselves. Well, not true. He would put it to his mouth and mush it around for a minute or two then drool it out with a smile and go back to just playing with it. So I said....whatev..... and decided to just mash up some avocado and give it to him on a spoon.....SUCCESS!! He loved it!! So far we have tried a variety of foods. Avocado, bananas, carrots, peas, prunes, watermelon, sweet potatoes, and green beans. He loves them all. We are on vacation right now {yes!!!} so when I get home I will embark on the "make my own baby food" journey. I started him on more chunky foods so he is still learning to chew instead of just swallow straight purees but I figure we are only a few weeks into this adventure and we have a lifetime to prefect so slow and steady is what I'm working with.

milestones/factoids:
army crawls everywhere
sleeps on his tummy or side
still up once a night to nurse
only uses a pacifier at night and naps
naps 3x a day
baby babbles all the time
loves his big sister
swam in Papa's pool and went under water
LOVES WATER
took first family pictures
went to the lake for the first time
sits up unassisted
sits in the "big kid" seat in the shopping cart
puts EVERYTHING in his mouth
no teeth yet but I can see them under the gums

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my goodness...6 months already? No way! He is so cute, Heather!

    ReplyDelete