what's on my mind right now......

5:06 PM

4.16.11

Today I did what every little girl dreams about....
I bought my wedding dress!

This day is going to be amazing.
I am so blessed to have such supportive parents who even though they aren't able to be a part of this day still are so loving and supportive it brings tears to my eyes.

Buying a wedding dress really is like you see on "Say Yes to the Dress." I have always watched that show and yelled at the TV saying "Pick that one....its a no brainer" but wow was I wrong. It is SOOOO hard to narrow down to just ONE dress.
I did a good job in know what I liked but once I narrowed it down to two I was so overwhelmed. I loved them both equally.
But I had a good honest friend there with me who let me choose. It was great!
I left the dress shop with something I thought I would NEVER like and low and behold I fell in love with it immediately!

I have to say I really do feel like a bride now. I am not ashamed to be wearing this dress. I am so blessed that on my 5th wedding anniversary my family to going to be sealed in this temple together forever.

Words cannot express the love in my heart right now

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Yay for getting a wedding dress!!!! That is so exciting! So very exciting!

    I remember dress shopping for mine and all the emotions that came from it! Moments I will never forget! Happy Day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a little (meaningful) shopping to brighten the day! :) You are going to look SO beautiful in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! You are well on your way!
    My parents weren't able to 'participate' in our sealing either. Which is one reason we also chose the Portland Temple. They were able to stay in the atrium during the ceremony. We did our endowments the day before and the sealing the next day so that they wouldn't have to wait so long for us. So, they were still able to come 'inside.' They felt good about their participation and I'm pretty sure my mom had a spiritual experience during her time in there.... totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete