Baby II w.16

9:52 PM

BABY "T"
as we are calling it for right now is officially 16 weeks along and right now its about the size of an avocado at 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

It's legs are much more developed, it's head is much more erect than it has been, and it's eyes have moved closer to the front of it's head. It's ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of it's scalp has begun, though it's locks aren't recognizable yet. Baby T even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, it's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as Baby T continues to develop.

the bump




okay....so there is officially a bump!
This was taken at the end of the day..before bedtime..and after dinner so I might be sticking out a little bit more than usual but hey... the bump is showing!!
We are actually a day away from being 17 weeks along but I wanted to start at 16 because it is the first week you can really see the bump.
I am finally out of that "wow...looks like you put on a few pounds" phase and heading into what I like to think of as the "CUTE" part of pregnancy.
You know when you have a cute little belly and nothing else on your body has really started to change. This phase is not the same as the 8 1/2 months preggos where you can't see your swollen feet and your entire body is blown up like a puffer fish.
Nope....I'm just starting the cute phase!

PREGNANCY SO FAR:

*I am starting to feel the beginnings of movement. At first it was hard to tell if it was gas moving or baby moving but I'm starting to tell the difference now

*I have gained 7lbs so far

*I pee constantly...day and night!!

*I'm still wearing all of my pre-preggo clothes with the help of the belly bands.

*I'm working out 2-4 times a week still but I have cut back on my running (sad..) until after birth

*My headaches have been horrible!

*I'm able to make it through most days without a nap now

*Kaylee is telling EVERYONE that there is a baby in my belly. She has been to all of the appointments with us and she is really loving it. She even got her very own ultra sound picture last time that she has in her room by her bed. She tries to look through my belly button to see the baby. So cute!

***We find out if it's a girl or boy on August 11th***
Any guesses??

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. August 11th is right around the corner! How exciting! I predict BOY. Everybody seems to be having boys lately...
    And you definitely are at the cute pregnancy stage, enjoy it while it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest pregnant lady ever! I don't think you ever had a "looks like you put on a few pounds" stage. It's like one day you didn't look pregnant and the next day BAM -- hello cute belly!

    My guess is a boy. Kaylee needs someone to roll around in the dirt with. :)

    ReplyDelete