a movie that changed my life

1:39 PM


This documentary was A-MAZ-ING!!!
If you haven't seen it yet I recommend going out TODAY and renting it. We got ours at the library so it was FREE :)

This is a life changing movie really. I think of food in a whole new way. I want to break the cycle of bad eating in our family all together. I want Kaylee and Nathan to grow up with good, wholesome, REAL food. I feel so inspired after watching this movie to CHANGE my family for the better.
Now I know I'm not going to be able to eat clean 100% of the time because frankly I don't want to live under a rock and never do anything social or travel again, but I figure now that I have the time {no 40hr work weeks, no school} I can start to do the proactive things to get to about 90% of the time.

With this though is a whole new learning curve.
First off, I really have NEVER bought my produce anywhere but a grocery store. I mean I get my strawberries local when they are in season and sometimes a few things here and there off a stand in the summer but nothing like I want to start doing.

So here is my "want to learn/do" list:
1. How to start a garden
2. How to garden!
3. How to shop at the farmers market for good prices
4. Buy our beef/chicken local
5. Buy our milk organic
6. Try and find organic substitutes at the store
7. Buy a veggie box from a farm
8. Learn how to cook with other things besides broccoli,green beans,carrots, and potatoes

So 8 things so far sounds good to me!
I am super intimidated to get started on our garden but I know it is a skill I can pass on to my children and hopefully have them really understand where our food comes from.

Here is mine and Kaylee's {and Nathan's} first trip to the market!
Please don't judge on the post workout, still sweaty, need a shower look.
I was going for the organic look here people.... haha
and yep...that is one juicy organic apple Kaylee is about the eat!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds like some worthy goals! I love learning new things. Keeps life exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your list of goals! makes me think i should set some goals too. you're so good at goal setting!

    ReplyDelete