Baby Nathan {w.22}

9:00 AM

Wow!!
Over half way through this pregnancy! Can you believe it! I can't. Slow down!!!

I love being able to know we are having a boy and calling him by name.

Just in case you are not familiar with the naming of this precious baby boy....
let me give you a little back story.

Isaiah is one of four brothers.
Angelo, Nathan, Isaiah, Elliott.

The four of them, from the countless stories I have heard over the years, were a pretty close bunch.
On February 26th 2000, Nathan was taken from this earth in a tragic work accident. He was never married and never had any children of his own. Ever since that day Isaiah had hoped he could one day have a son to honor his closest brother.
And now that day has come...or is coming.... in December.
I am more than happy to give this name to my son and I am excited for those who knew and loved Nathan to see his name being carried on in the Torres family.

Okay...so now...after I have wiped the tears from my eyes {I am soo overly emotional about EVERYTHING right now....} I can get on with this post.

the baby
At 11 inches, the length of a speghetti squash, and about 1 pound,
our baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside my womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
{via babycenter.com}

the belly

{don't mind the crazy squinty eyes...the sun was so bright!}

pregnancy so far
*talk about an active little guy....makes me really nervous if this has any correlation to his outside the womb energy.

*I'm feeling great! I have been working out about 5 days a week right now...yeah!

*I have gained less weight this time around so far but I don't know if I am going to be able to stay under my 20lb goal. I'm still under it but I know I have a few more months to go.

*I was sick on Sunday and being preggos means you cant really take anything!!! boo...
I spent the entire day in bed...and slept the entire day! I felt horrible but it was nice to sleep sooo much.

*I hate sneezing or couching now. I totally pee myself! Not attractive at all...haha

*I am glad I have a little one potty training because she is willing to go to the bathroom with me every time we go anywhere...a million times a day!

*I am lovin me some chocolate muffins right now!!! I could eat them all day everyday! but I'm not...even though I really really want to.

*Kaylee is telling everyone now she is having a brother. She calls him Nafan. So cute! She also told my friends mom that Nathan was going to be born from my vagina. :) Kind of embarrassing but at the same time I am happy she is learning the "actual" way babies are born instead of a great made up story about a stork. She has come to all of the doctors appointments and ultrasounds. I love involving her as much as possible.

*Kaylee and I rub our bellies with lotion two times a day. She loves getting to use the "special" lotion that mommy uses.

*We went to the library and have started reading books about being a big sister and having a new baby.

*My lovely besties have started planning my baby shower! I love them so much!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love that you're naming the baby after Isaiah's brother. So neat! Also, I'm glad you're feeling good for the most part! Would those chocolate muffins perchance be the ones from Costco? Yum! And your shower is going to be so fun. I'm going shopping today to buy some stuff for decorations...

    ReplyDelete