Carrot Bread {pinterest....oh ya}

10:18 PM

Pinterest......oh how I love you.....
Once a week I am trying to DO something from all my pinning going on! If you have no idea what I am talking about then head on over to my pinterest page------------>
(over there on the right)
It is REALLY ADDICTING!!
I pin something everyday.

So this week was a good homemade bread.
I have NEVER baked bread before.
I wanted to try something that Kaylee would eat and get some more veggies in her diet.
I was REALLY surprise at how easy this was and how AMAZING it turned out!!

CARROT BREAD WITH APPLE GLAZE
{via}

INGREDIENTS:

CARROT BREAD

  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
  • 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
  • 1/2 cup Sucanat or brown sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tbsp olive oil

APPLE GLAZE

  • 2 tbsp unfiltered 100% apple juice
  • 2 tbsp raw honey
  • 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, carrots, currants, Sucanat, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt; mix well.
  3. Make a well in the center and add whole egg, egg white, oil and 3/4 cup water. Stir until flour is completely incorporated and batter is moistened.
  4. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack.
  5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine juice, agave nectar and vanilla for the glaze. Pour over top of carrot bread and serve.
Here is how ours turned out:

**disclaimer.....not a good idea to make a really good loaf of bread and then find out your husband doesn't like raisins....oh well....more for me!**


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. YUM! and yay for making use of your pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go -- you and Amy have inspired me to use Pinterest. I have a life philosophy of "try something new every day" and it's usually easy to make that something new a recipe. I want to try more little crafts from Pinterest though. It's hard to balance the feeling of "I don't want to collect ideas, never do anything, and then find out that life has passed me by" vs. the cold hard truth that there is only so much "free" time in a day and you can only cram so many things in 24 hours. You know what I mean? It's a hard balance!

    ReplyDelete