forget me not.....

10:22 AM

Sometimes when you read something or listen to something it really sticks with you and in a round about way makes you think about an aspect of your life.
A talk given a weeks ago by one of my church leaders was one of those talks.

When I think about the women I am becoming I sometimes start to feel envious of the "things" or the "traits" I don't have. This is obviously NOT healthy but I know I am not alone.
Sometimes I really compare myself WAY to much to others and start to feel down about myself, my relationships, or where I am in my life right now. Isaiah is always telling my to stop comparing but that is easier said than done in my mind.

This talk changed all of that for me.
I am a great person.
I am loved and I love with all my heart.
Most of the time I am trying to do WAY to much and never slow down.
My mind just races all day long with thoughts, ideas, things I want to change, commitments I have made, things I feel guilty about, life changes coming up, fears I have of failure, and so on.
I never just STOP and really appreciate who I am.

I am so fortunate to have a partner in life who loves me and best of all LIKES me with all of my flaws. I am blessed to be able to stay home and raise my children and have a man who provides all of our needs and most of our wants without any complaints.
I may not have the best house, the best car, the best clothes, or the most money in the bank, but I have love not just from the people around me here on earth but from my Heavenly Father and I need to remember that on a daily basis.

You Might Also Like

0 comments