road trip!

12:16 PM

A few weeks ago we took our first road trip as a family of four. We packed up the car and headed down to my parents house in sunny California.

Its funny to think that when Isaiah and I first started making the drive down to my parents house we would drive in the middle of the night, stop only for gas and bathroom break twice or so, and make it there in about 7 or 8 hours.
Now, with a three year old who is potty trained and a nursing baby, we took the ENTIRE day to get there. All in all, after stopping for Kaylee to pee every hour and nursing Nathan, we made it there in about 10 hours.

We always have such a great time with my parents. We call their house "Casa de Conner" resort because that's what it feels like. We get to relax, sleep in (Isaiah and I switch off), take naps, and eat great food. Nothing better than that. Oh, and of course great company. I am so blessed to have such great parents.

This trip was even more special because Isaiah's dad and girlfriend drove up from LA to stay the weekend so they could see us and meet Nathan.

Here is what our trip looked like...
We left Washington in the middle of a snow storm and drove into California seeing sunshine. Kaylee was totally occupied with her Iphone that had Disney movies loaded onto it {yep....we were "those" parents and I will admit it}. Halfway though the trip, after stopping twice to nurse Nathan, I thought of a great idea. I decided to sit in the back with him, pump when he was hungry and just bottle feed him as we drove. It was great. He would eat, burp, then fall asleep and I would change him when we stopped for a Kaylee pee break. I think she had to go pee so often because it was FUN to get out of the car at all the different places and I think she found joy in my grossed out face at some of the bathrooms we ended up at.
The sanitizer was DEFIANTLY flowing that day.

When we made it to sunny California we were happy and ready for a relaxing vacation.
This is when the grandparents took over.

Kaylee is IN LOVE with her Papa. She talks about him all the time. She couldn't wait to see him. She also couldn't wait to play with her dog Cobber.

My grandma was over the moon getting to hang out with her great grand babies. I have said before I just love how much Kaylee loves her "grandma that gets her belly."
It made the trip so much better getting to see Isaiah's dad too. Kaylee and him have such a special bond and it was great to see him with his newest grandson. It was also great getting to catch up with Kathy too. We did a girls day and went to the movies with my mom and grandma.

There was a lot of napping happenin and my mom and I made a cool no-sew quite book for Kaylee.

The day after we left was my moms birthday so we all went out to what else, MEXICAN to celebrate! Happy Birthday Mom!

All and all it was a GREAT trip!
I am counting down the days until we make it down there again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments