And the tree goes up...a bit early!

2:34 PM


So I know that it's the week of THANKSGIVING but honestly our tree Align Centerhas been up since LAST MONDAY!! I know, I know.... way to early..... but tell that to Isaiah. I went in the bedroom for a nap last Monday after school and woke up to Christmas decorations and the tree box coming out of the closet.
Oh the joy of having a fake tree. I know it may seem like we are "missing out" on the whole "Christmas Tree experience" but I have had MANY years of the real deal and frankly I am a fake tree kinda person. No mess, no dying tree, and candles do a great job of scenting our home of the holiday smells.
So we turned on some seasonal tunes, organized the decorations, and off we went.

See there was some education involved with this....I taught her how to FLUFF the tree.
We used the NON BREAKABLE bulbs this year!

And the star went up. Kaylee thought this was the coolest part. Now every time we light up the tree she points and tells me all about how daddy held her to put the star on top. I have heard the same exciting story at least twice a day for a week and it hasn't gotten old yet.

Even a semi- smile during a dance to jingle bells to end the night!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. what a pretty little girl :) we're putting ours up sometime this week too!:) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to be kidding on the tree...
    Never before Thanksgiving, day after? Knock your stockings off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, you guys are funny. this is a battle i'm pretty sure i'll never win with sam ;)

    oh, & you should totally buy that pink princess sock animal for kaylee, for 25%!! i wanna get one for p-ray too. probably not the pink one though.

    ReplyDelete