Snow Day Pt. 2!

11:58 AM


And the snow is STILL here!!
On Monday I woke up early to check the school website
to see if school was canceled.
NOPE!

All classes where still on the books.
So Kaylee and I did our normal routine and headed out to Grandmas.
After dropping her off I made the drive to school.



Not to my surprise my professor canceled my second class!
(And I haven't been back since! Two additional days added to my Thanksgiving Break!)

After class was canceled I headed back out to get Kaylee. I was suppose to have a huge Anatomy Test on Tuesday and I wasn't sure if they were going to cancel school or not so I stuck with the plan of having her play at my friend Amy's house for a bit so I could get some much needed study time in.
Here she is leaving Grandma's.

(Before clicking the video scroll down and on the right hand side hit the "pause" button on the music)


At around 6pm I went to pick up Kaylee. It was starting to get pretty bad outside. The snow was not stopping. We started our journey home through some pretty heavy downfall.
We only live about 15 min from Amy's but it was taking ALOT longer than that. The roads were already frozen and the freeway was really bad. We got off on our exit to find they had shut down the road leading to our house. It is a big hill and it looked like medics were on scene from an accident in the middle of it.

I opted to take a different route....which still involved a hill. I made it about half way up when my Scion said " I don't think so" and we started leaning towards the oncoming traffic. I pulled the ebrake and adjusted my tires and we stopped........in the middle of the road facing horizontal!!

I tried not to panic with oncoming traffic coming down the hill. I wasn't the only car stuck so I was worried someone would bounce off of another car and hit me....with KAYLEE IN THE CAR!!

**If you are wondering where my husband was during all of this....well that is another story. He had left work 2 hours prior and was sitting in stopped traffic on the freeway!!***

I called 911 to get some help.... This is how the conversation went:

ME:"Hi.. I'm on Capital Mall Drive with my 2yr old in the car in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic coming at me down the hill"
OPERATOR: "Are either of you hurt"
ME: "No we are fine but we are stuck"
OPERATOR: "You will have to find someone to help you because all of our officers are dispatched right now"
CLICK

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! So much for EMERGENCY HELP!!!

Luckily two guys saw what had happened and offered to get my car off the hill. They finagled it through other stuck cars and into a parking lot.
By now it looked like a blizzard outside!

Then it was time to trek it home. Luckily I had bundled Kaylee up when we left the house that morning. Holding her in my arms we started up the hill.

We made it home. It felt so good to be inside and out of the cold.

Then it was time to worry about Isaiah. He still wasn't moving and of course he only had a 1/2 a tank of gas left!! Oh men, they never think of those things!!

Long story short....He made it home that night safe and sound. He ended up parking his car where mine was and walking home but he made it in one piece.

The next day (since school was canceled and work was out of the question) we decided to take a walk down to the mall for some Starbucks Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate and to let Kaylee play in the indoor playground.

All in all we have enjoyed the weather together as a family. Now its time for the holidays!!






You Might Also Like

0 comments