Thank you....

2:07 PM

Veteran's Day!

First let me say I am a proud American! I am a patriot and I support our troops!! I am really proud of today especially because today I can say
THANK YOU
to BOTH of my parents!!

Over 20 years ago both of my parents enlisted in the Air Force to serve our country and protect our freedoms. My mother was in Supply and my dad was in EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal.... the movie "Hurt Locker")

(I couldn't find the one picture I wanted of her in uniform
so here is my gorgeous mom with her granddaughter)


This picture was taken right when my dad came back from "The Desert"
So handsome!!


The picture below is a GIANT E.O.D badge my dad proudly displays in his house. He received it when her retired a few years back. It has all of his ranks and badges.

Today I want to just say THANKS! to all of the men and women who have served or are currently serving in any branch of the military.

I have made it a personal goal to ALWAYS say thank you when someone says they are in the military. They really don't personally hear it enough from strangers, friends, or family. If you are not from a military family I could see where it could be hard to realize ALL of the sacrifices these individuals make.
So now I challenge you.... Whenever you come in contact with one of our soldiers, take a moment-- reach out your hand-- and say thank you for protecting MY freedom.




You Might Also Like

0 comments