Kaylee's Baby Blessing

8:51 PM

I am so overwhelmed with JOY right now!
Today my baby received a blessing.
Usually when a baby is born a few weeks after they will receive a blessing.
I was baptized last December into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and this is one of the many moments I have been looking forward to for my little family.


It was a beautiful day today. The sun was shining but it was raining. I have read once that if it rains on your wedding it is good luck. It is god sprinkling you with happiness for a lifetime. Well I took that as a great omen this morning. Heavenly Father was sprinkling his happiness all over my little angel.

The words the Bishop said to Kaylee in prayer were beautiful. I was weeping with such an overwhelming feeling of the spirit. At first Kaylee was very uneasy and scared but as the spirit filled the chapel she calmed. I opened my eyes to see my best friend cradling our child in his arms as if she were a new born again. No words can express the feelings I had in my heart at that moment.

I was grateful some of our family was able to join in this wonderful day.
Bobbi (Isaiah's mom) made such a beautiful dress and Kaylee was glowing all day.
On our drive home I looked up and saw the most beautiful rainbow spread across the sky.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I am so thankful for a loving husband. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and I am so grateful for Randall Vowles and Austin Wilson. You two forever changed my families life.


I am a proud momma today

My next dream.......


4.16.11


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I am SO happy for you guys! Tim leaned over to me after Kaylee's blessing and said "They are such a neat couple." I couldn't agree more! And being sealed as a family will be so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. today must have been so so amazing for you! talk about a total spiritual high. ok, so that is the portland temple... is that where you guys are thinking you'll go? it's my FAVE {sam & i were married there.} i get butterflies thinking about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys! What a great day!! Portland temple is special to me too, as Dan and I were sealed there! It's my favorite too!
    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather! What a wonderful day for your family! I really could feel the spirit during Kaylee's blessing, even though we were sitting in the back. She is one special girl! She looked precious in her beautiful white dress! So happy for you and Isiah! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to Bobbi and meet your Father in Law!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to be there in April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather and Isaiah,
    so sorry we missed it, what a day...
    We leave in about 2 hours so it won't be long until we see you guys.
    Yes, your so right, your so far away...
    See you in a day!

    Love to all...

    I'll figure this out sooner than later,,, NOT!

    ReplyDelete