Crazy Birthday Weekend

9:41 PM

WOW!! What a weekend!!
It is Monday night at 10pm and I just finished editing ALL of the 1000 or so pictures we took over the span of four days! CRAZY!!
I sometimes wonder what moms did before digital photography.
I can't imagine what life would be like without my SLR, my point-and-shot, my handy camcorder, or my cell phone camera.
I really have no excuse but to film my daughters ever waking moment :)

So hear goes....
I'll break down the Birthday Weekend for ya...

(since there are SOOOO many pictures I put them into collages.
If you click on them they will enlarge for better viewing....your welcome...haha)

Thursday:
(oh yes... we started celebrating a day early....)

The day before Kaylee's birthday I woke up, picked up the house a bit, then put a roast in the crock pot. My parents were just a few hours away. Isaiah took the time to sleep in a bit and then put together Kaylee's b-day presents:

An Art Easel and Coloring Table
Big hit as you can see :)

Then Grandma and Grandpa Conner showed up!

It almost felt like Christmas when they walked in with a handful of gifts! I guess being the ONLY grandchild says it all :)

FRIDAY:
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!
The morning started off with some delicious blueberry mickey mouse pancakes and some Nick Jr Cartoons

That night it was out to Red Robin for a birthday dinner with my parents and Isaiah's parents!

Kaylee ordered her favorite: Mac and Cheese with Apple Slices!
Then the staff came over with a huge Sunday and clapped their way through a birthday song. At first Kaylee didn't really know what was going on. A bunch of adults standing around the table clapping to a loud song.


The Sunday was all that was on her mind after that.


SATURDAY!!
Time to party!!

So as a disclaimer... I LOVE TO PLAN!!
I think it has something to do with my type A personality. I love to dig deep and find my frugal yet sophisticated Martha Stewart side and go with it.
As you probably know already Kaylee's favorite Nick Jr show is Yo Gabba Gabba. If you don't have kids around this age you probably have no idea who Foofa, Brobee, Muno, Plex, and Tootee are. Kids go crazy over these characters!! It is fascinating!


The Gabba Party:


We were so lucky to have a gal that Isaiah knows made this amazing cake and cupcakes!
We put out hats on and the party started!

As soon as the food was accessible Kaylee had her plate and her mouth filled with strawberries and Cheetos. Crazy combo but she loved it!
As you can see her face was covered with food the entire time.
Being that it was a Gabba Party I wanted to have the show playing in the background. Since Kaylee's TV time is limited at home, her eyes were glued to the TV for most of the party.
She did take a moment to make sure that EVERYONE had a Gabba sticker. She is obsessed with any kind of sticker! She will take an entire sheet and put them all over her body. The other day I was changing her diaper and when I moved her shirt out of the way she had them all over her stomach.

Time for Cake and Ice cream!
She even blew out her candle by herself!
(my little girl is growing up...)

After cake it was time for presents. It was hard trying to keep her attention on opening them. Once she opened one she was ready to play.
It almost seemed like Christmas in high speed.
All in all it was a FABULOUS weekend! With friends, family, and lots of love there was nothing more I could have wished for.
Thank you to everyone who made this weekend special and thank you to all of our family and friends who sent their love on Kaylee's special day!

Up next.....
THANKSGIVING!!!

(ps.... Isaiah already put up the tree! Crazy man!)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yeah for a fantastic birthday-a-thon!! You ARE quite the planner!! Good for you! I guess I should take some tips from ya!! You Rock!! So glad she had a great birthday!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! your baby is two! happy birthday kaylee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    you guys did a great job, Kaylee could not have had a better 2nd Birthday.

    I so wish we where closer...

    Wonder if my profile pic will show this time?
    Nope, it didn't! Help me Heather!

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete