Gingerfest 2010

12:58 PM

First off let me start by saying....
I have the greatest friends!
I love that we are all mommies now and get to watch our little ones grow up together :)
Atleast once a month we try and get together and being December we decided to get out some holiday cheer and make some Gingerbread houses
{with graham cracker of course}.

No party is good without a little festive food so I decided to put on my Martha Stewart hat and bring a Santa Party Mix.

Here's how I made my masterpiece:

Ingredients:

Santa Hats:
Bugles
Red Candy Melt Discs
Mini Marshmallows
White Sprinkles

Party Mix:
3 cups mini pretzels
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups holiday colored M&M's
8 oz. white chocolate for melting

How to make the Santa Hats:

Start by melting the candy discs using directions on the package
{yes...I did have to do this twice because I thought I was smarter than the person who made the directions}

Have your bugles nearby so you can start dipping


Take bugles and dip them individually in melted candy

Place dipped bugles on parchment paper to dry for about 10-15 min


When they are dry, dip larger end in the candy mixture again and then into the sprinkles.

Take the smaller end, re-dip and place a mini marshmallow on top.
Let dry again....
Party Mix:

Take pretzels, craisins, peanuts, and rice chex and spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Melt white chocolate and drizzle on mixture and mix together until evenly coated

Move mixture to serving bowl and add M&M's

AND....
Santa Party Mix!!
Thank you...thank you... I know.... I'm amazing.... but what can I say?? haha

With party mix ready we were off to the Bippert's for....

Gingerfest 2010
{thanks for the catchy name Amy}

Here's how they turned out...

Great house right??....
We had some {discussions} through this process of deciding how to make the house
Let's just say Isaiah and I would be the first ones eliminated from the Amazing Race....

Being that Sam is an engineer, they decide to "big or go home" with this amazing ski lodge!

Joe and Corinne had the right idea. She even was inventive and made a pond!

And the winning house!! Amazing!!! Our veteran gingerbread house makers did a fantastic job with this adorable house! Next year we will give them a run for their money...

3 more days until
CHRISTMAS!!!



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. OMG I love those santa hats! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That party mix was so delicious and very cute. I'll have to put that on my list of holiday treat favorites! As far as our house goes...I think the roof took too long our yard got neglected! Isaiah wins for "creative yard decorations" category! We had so much fun! Merry Christmas! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! What a fun time!! Great party mix!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your mix was amazing!! gingerfest rocked. can't wait til next year's ;)

    ReplyDelete